- Plans never work the way you want them to.
Ever since I was a child, I managed to plan every single thing I did or was going to do. I planned my day ahead, planned which sets of homework to do today and even planned when to fall in love and when not to. Of course, the last thing was a major failure, and that got on my nerves. Why? because most of the times it would be unrequited. Yet, this time it wasn’t but something else was in the way.. lucky me, right? But hey, here is how I view it: If it’s meant to be then it will happen, and if it isn’t then something better is in store.
- You will fall in love a million times, never knowing who is ‘the one’ each time and yet hoping that he/ she is. Most of the times, it will be in the wrong place, and the wrong time. Suck it up; make it work or just go with the flow. I am not the love guru or love expert (whatever you want to call it), but let me tell you something: you will fall in love over and over again, and you won’t know why (at least if you are dumb with these things like me). You will fall in love with the RIGHT guy/ girl, as in your ‘standards’, but it will be at the wrong time and in the wrong place, and you will get your heart broken over and over again. You will never know if he/she is the one because you shouldn’t. How I view it: Let it be, suck it up and deal with the pain or joy.
- No one will pick up the pieces for you. If you do something wrong, take the responsibility. Apologize for your actions, and do the right thing. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. If you do the wrong thing, no matter how wrong it is… it is still your fault. ‘Man up’, and deal with it. Don’t expect someone else to come there or be there for you, after all we ALL die alone. (No I am not pessimistic; I am a realist). Identify, apologize and fix it. If a clay vase falls and breaks into a million pieces, yet no one picks it up and proceeds to stick all those pieces together then it will remain broken. No one will pick up those pieces and stick them back together; we are selfish beings and most of us do what’s good for us before what’s good for the other person (unless you are madly in love with that person, and you are living in some sort of fairytale). How I view it: I’ll identify, apologize if needed, and fix what can be fixed.
- Be accepting of everyone else. Don’t be the person who is against everything that is supposedly not the norm.
No, you are not tolerant of everything that isn’t compliant with your culture or religious beliefs because that just sounds patronizing and condescending. You should respect and accept everyone/everything that isn’t like you. You aren’t perfect and never will be and so are they. There is no right or wrong, and it is all relative to the society or culture. Stop being judgmental and let it be; if it isn’t hurting you or your loved ones, then just let it be (it is none of your business). How I view it: Right and wrong are both relative measures. If you don’t like what you see, turn the other cheek.
- Think before you speak, or act or .. leap. Don’t over analyze it, but do try to weigh the benefits vs. the consequences. Think before you do anything. Think before you say something to anyone, no matter who it is and that includes your friends and loved ones. Personally, I tend to over analyze every single thing, I try to read people before doing something and that takes weeks maybe even months. Why? Because that’s how I think..and yes, not the best thing. Probably wouldn’t be great, if my future-husband asked me to go on a trip in the spur of the moment. Anyways, point is: think before you do or say anything and double-check just to make sure. How I view it: I over analyze, and end up taking forever to DO something. Don’t be like me. Just think for a couple of seconds.